When looking at energy efficient swimming pool pumps, the Hayward Super ii pump that features full-flow hydraulics. Therefore, allowing for greater water flow through the circulation system and all at a lower cost to operate.
Let’s take a closer look at the Hayward Super ii pool pump
- See-Through Strainer Cover – lets you see when basket needs cleaning and eliminates guesswork. 155 cubic-inch basket has a rigid construction, including load-extender ribbing for free-flowing operation
- Full Flow Hydraulics – allow greater flow at a lower cost of operation.
- Service-Ease Design – allows simple access to all internal parts. Motor and entire drive group assembly can be removed, without disturbing pipe or mounting connections, by disengaging just six bolts.
- Heavy-Duty, High Performance Motor – with airflow ventilation for quieter, cooler operation.
- Uni-Bracket Mounting Base – provides stable, stress-free support, plus versatility for any installation requirement. Adapts 48- and 56-frame motors.
- Self-Priming – Suction lift up to 10’ above water level.
- Heat-Resistant, Industrial Size Ceramic Seal – is long-wearing and drip proof
- Super II 155-Cubic- Inch Basket is more like a bucket. The Super II Pump Series features impressive leaf-holding capacity. Rigid construction includes loadextender ribbing for free-flowing operation, even under extra-heavy debris loads.
Watch a short video explaining the features of the Super 2 pump
One thing about a Hayward pool pump is the reliability factor. When looking through the super ii pump reviews, I noticed people were talking about the many years of running the pool system and not having very many problems. I can say the same thing about the Hayward Super II pool pump.
With having over 25 years in the pool business, the pool pump of our choice has been the Hayward super pump to be more specific. The super ii pump is just as good, but the super pump has been just a little easier to work on, in my opinion. There are only 4 bolts holding the housing and motor together instead of the 6 for the Hayward super pump 2.
What type of applications would apply to this pump?
This quality built pump will just about anything that is out there. If you need it for an in-floor cleaning system it will work. If you have a water feature or a fountain, it will work. If you have a solar heating system, it will work. It will even work for the pool/spa combo. It is a workhorse of a pump and will deliver the goods.
What horsepower does it come in?
The most common size is the Hayward super ii pump 1.5 hp or 2 hp. You can also get a 3/4, 1, 2.5 and the powerful 3.0 hp pump at a really good price. This is a strong performing pump that will last a long time. Of course, there are no guarantees, but I’ve been around long enough to know, you can’t go wrong buying a Hayward pool pump.
What are the cons for this pump?
Some customer mentioned the strainer lid was hard to get off. I have noticed this myself and recommend only hand tightening the lid. You don’t have to crank it down to get it to seal off. One good thing, it does come with a lid wrench to aid in removing.
Inside tip – When putting the lid back on, be careful not to over tighten. You will know if you did because when you go to put the lid removal tool on top of the lid, you’re not able to because the discharge port and plumbing is in the way.
If this happens, try loosening the lid while the pump is running. I’ve had some success doing it this way. If that doesn’t work, try using a pair of channel locks or a pipe wrench to help remove the lid.
There really aren’t many bad things one can say about this pump. Just be aware when purchasing a 3/4 pump the ports are 1 1/2″ ports. When you step up to the 1hp, you have a choice of 1 1/2″, model SP3007X10AZ, or 2″ ports on the SP3007X10AZ2. Knowing this before hand will save you some time and possibly a headache.
My Review Of The Hayward Super 2 Pump
I have been a fan of Hayward for many years. I’ve seen these pumps performing in the field and I’m always impressed with how they handle the work load and hold up in the pool environment for many years. I would say the pump is very reliable and several has lasted well past 10 years.
One thing I’ve noticed though, people don’t clean the pump basket enough. It is never good to let a pump struggle to pull water through a clogged pump basket. This is unnecessary ware on the motor. I really like that this pump has the extra large basket.
I know first hand, these are not loud pumps nor are they hard to install. If you look at other people’s reviews, many feel the same way and rate this pump 4.3 out of 5 stars. Overall, one can’t go wrong with this pump.
If you want one, you can get your Hayward Super ii pump here.